Accelerometer

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

can the difference in tolerance between injectors explain the accelerometer not detecting them, even though they are within the tolerance required to run the engine?
I think you have found yourself another job!

I don't know the answer, but I like your thinking.
My Name: bill sutton

Experienced Member

I think you have found yourself another job!
Do you think Citroen will give me £65/hr to diagnose my own faults? after all, I'm saving them loads of effort and not cluttering up their lovely showroom :lol:

Seriously now, the MIL hasn't been on for ages and I'm beginning to relax (famous last words?) just got all the other catastrophes to deal with now i.e Heater Failure, Wiper Failure, Wheel Bearing Failure and strut top bearing seizure, then I will be in a position to get rid of it with a clear conscience. I don't imagine that the cheap tax or fuel economy will ever recoup the money or stress its costing me so I intend to buy £500 worth of proven japanese reliability and put up with the inevitable rust, or ......................... buy a Hindustan Ambassador and a scrap 1955 Morris Oxford mkIII and swap VIN plates, no tax, no MOT and a bomb proof ISUZU diesel engine to boot. What do you think?