1.4 hdi wont start after engine swop

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: Tr3vor c3

Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

hello all,

im a new guy to this forum, i have a couple of questions regarding a c3 i bought.

i bought the car without an engine but replace the engine recently, put the same engine in that the car come out with a 1.4 HDI 8v. i have since got problems. the car starts but dies directly afterwards. i have bought the lexia system, get the following faults and i cannot get into the E.C.U with the lexia system:
Lexia faults on a Citroen C3
i have coded the injectors, but still the car wont start. the central locking works, the auto windows work. car always states "eco mode" and the batter light keeps flickering on the dashboard.

i seem to think that the problem could be the glow plug pre heating relay? i am not sure if it could be the crank position sensor as i think it comes from the previous motor that overheated!

some help would be appreciated

regards
Tr3vor
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Welcome to the forum Tr3vor c3
Tr3vor c3 wrote:i seem to think that the problem could be the glow plug pre heating relay? i am not sure if it could be the crank position sensor as i think it comes from the previous motor that overheated!
While lexia says there is a problem with the glow plug relay/glow plugs, this is unlikely to be the reason the car won't run. These engines start and run without working glow plugs. Crank sensor would definitely throw 'crank sensor' error codes, like P0129 or P0339.

The crank position sensor is no where near anything that would worry about overheating, so I don't think crank sensor is to blame.
car always states "eco mode" and the batter light keeps flickering on the dashboard.
you will always get 'eco mode' until the BSI senses that the engine is running. When you say 'flickering' you mean 'flashing' at a constant rate? This is 'eco mode'.

C3driver52,

thanks for the info on PM. i will try this tonight and see where i get. will update you tomorrow on the outcome

thanks again

regards
Tr3vor c3

C3driver52,

i had a go at it last night and again this morning after is updated my lexia system to the latest vesion. below are pics of the problems i still have:
it starts in the attached that you PM'ed me that there is a manual way, can you advise how that can be done?

regards
Tr3vor c3

as you all know i am having problems trying to communicate with my BSI or ECU. i have seen that the BSM in the engine bay has some corrosion inside it(water damage it seems), some of the fuses have started corroding as well. can this be the problem why my BSI keeps going into eco mode due to low voltage even with a new bettary?
BSM.png
where will i be able to get a new one if this cannot be fixed?

regards
Tr3vor
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

i have seen that the BSM in the engine bay has some corrosion inside it(water damage it seems), some of the fuses have started corroding as well. can this be the problem why my BSI keeps going into eco mode due to low voltage even with a new bettary?
The ECO mode is on a timer, run the accessories on without starting the engine after 20 minutes or so and this will bring on ECO Mode. Start the engine to cler ECO Mode. But, corrosion in the BSM can cause starting and running issues and any corrosion on electrical circuits is a good sign the have failed or will fail soon.

where will i be able to get a new one if this cannot be fixed?
You could have a look here (ebay) for a similar looking or matching part number BSM.

bill sutton found his on a Citroen C5 citroen-c3-questions/bsm-b-3-seimens-fuse-box-t593.html, so it looks like the same parts were used across several models by Citroen. or have a look at these ebay listings.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

thanks for the help. i cannot get into the BSI at all, when i run a diagnostics it just states "no" at the dialogue to the BSI. i will be taking the BSM passed a guy who works with this sort of stuff to see if it is possible to have it cleaned.

thanks for the info

regards
Trevor