1.4 hdi wont rev past 3000rpm

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: dubwiser

Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 150000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi all, im new here and need some help please!!

My girlfriend recently got a c3 2007 1.4 hdi 8v. It wont rev past 3000rpm and is driving her mad! The engine light is also on.

Im a technician at vw but not sure about citroens! Took it to citroen and they said it came up with a cam position sensor fault and the timing was out. So i got the manual and re did the timing and and it was the same. Took it to friend to read the faults and there was nothing about timing just a fault on injector 3 wiring or pins something like that. Im going to check the wiring but ive been seeing on this forum that injectors are numbered from the gearbox side and not the cambelt side. is this right? Has any1 experienced this before?

Thanx in advance
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi dubwiser
My girlfriend recently got a c3 2007 1.4 hdi 8v. It wont rev past 3000rpm and is driving her mad! The engine light is also on.
The first thing I would do for this is get a reliable read of the codes with the citroen diagnostic tool (see the link below)
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t655.html

That way you can be sure the codes and its description fits exactly the engine and year combination in the C3. Without this information you just don't know where to look.

All those generic code reader may not give you the correct or complete picture.

Cam position sensor and Injector problems can both cause the symptoms you describe, so getting the correct information is important.