1.4 Diesel 2006 has fuel pipes leaking (leakoff blowing)

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: gerry

Hi. I have a Citroen C3 1.4 diesel and it is leaking a lot of diesel it keeps blowing a fuel pipe off the injector can any of the members on here help me please

I forgot to add it is a 2006 model thanks
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hello Gerry.

If the black pipe that just clips onto the injector keeps popping off, check the clip (on the pipe) is not broken.

This shows the black clip (the one on the right) and its 'O' Ring.
Injector leak-off connection (black) - notice the 'O' ring. White connector is the injector activate electrical connection
Injector leak-off connection (black) - notice the 'O' ring. White connector is the injector activate electrical connection

If the clip is broken, then it needs replacing. If the clip is OK, then:

The black pipe is the 'leak off' pipe that takes unused diesel back to the fuel tank, so I would guess at a blocked injector would cause the pipe to pop off. This would be evident through poor running and a loss of power.

If its the silver pipe with the big nut (as seen in the photo below) you will need a new pipe from Citroen and possibly an Injector (depends which has the damaged thread - probably both)
Two injector pipes on a Citroen C3 1.4Hdi 16v
Two injector pipes on a Citroen C3 1.4Hdi 16v

hi thanks for speedy reply the doesnt have loss of power and has no poor running it actually blew 2 pipes off yesterday and was still running good just losing loads of diesel

its actually blowing the black plastic clip off the 2 injectors
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Thanks for the update Gerry.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. "If the black pipe that just clips onto the injector keeps popping off, check the clip (on the pipe) is not broken."
If the barbs of the clips are worn, or the clip is too easy to refit, the clips my need replacing.

Also,

2. There may be a restriction in the fuel return system.

The clips can pop off if the fuel is unable to return to the system because the return pipe is pinched or blocked.

If you have had some work done recently, take a look there first for the return pipe getting pinched.
Just follow the black pipe from the clips that pop off, all the way back as far as you can.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.