Roof leaking - water dripping down sun visor!

If you need help with your C3 Pluriel, that seems specific to the Pluriel (like the roof), ask here. Engine and Transmission problem must be asked in the relevant topic for the problem. The Pluriel shares the same Engine, Gearbox, Brakes and Transmission as the other C3 models (see above for the correct section).
Forum rules
Questions about the Pluriel Roof system can be asked here
No engine, gearbox or running gear questions
Think: Pluriel roof and rear window jobs
Did you know the Pluriel shares the engines, gearboxes, electrical, audio system, suspension, steering and running gear with the early C3?
My Name: JwBread

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: I dont know
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 113000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi all,

New to the forum but googling problems always brings me here so I've finally joined to ask my own question!

I bought an 04 Pluriel in the Summer so didn't check for leakage (doh!), but now we've had the torrential rain, I've noticed rain dripping down the visors on both sides of the car to the point that I've got a puddle in the footrest and the seats are soaked.

There appears to be a small half a centimetre gap where the roof beam (not sure what you call it! The detachable parts that hold the roof up) meets the windscreen, and this is dripping down the visors. It looks like the water is collecting in the gap where the rollers of the roof sit. Has anyone had this issue, and how have you fixed it?

It's too hot to drive around with the heat on to try and dry the seats!
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi

There are lots of possible failures for the Pluriel roof.

Check the plastic hinges are not broken and all the other mechanical roof parts are ok. Just one broken bit can put the roof off from a good fit but you may not notice until it rains.

Look in our Pluriel tips section for photos of the common Pluriel roof hinge failures.
My Name: ConnietheCoton

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2006 (56)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 26900
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

C3CAR wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:26 pm Hi

Check the plastic hinges are not broken and all the other mechanical roof parts are ok. Just one broken bit can put the roof off from a good fit but you may not notice until it rains.

Look in our Pluriel tips section for photos of the common Pluriel roof hinge failures.

Hi,

Did you get it sorted?
I had same issue and it was where the roof folds at the edge. Minuscule cracks that I filled with a product used for boats!
Worked perfectly.

ConnietheCoton wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:08 pm

Hi,

Did you get it sorted?
I had same issue and it was where the roof folds at the edge. Minuscule cracks that I filled with a product used for boats!
Worked perfectly.
Sorry for a long delay on a reply!

Sadly my only fix was to go and buy a car cover! I've got little cracks in the material where it folds, but the drips seem to be coming down by the visors and the very corners of the roof. I'm yet to look into the resolutions above but let's hope!

Just wanted to apologise for not replying to you - in all honesty I signed up and then I completely forgot about this post, and bought a cover for the car so the problem was at the back of my mind haha.

Thanks for linking about the hinge, that's something I'm going to check today. Super helpful, thank you!