Pluriel roof not opening

If you need help with your C3 Pluriel, that seems specific to the Pluriel (like the roof), ask here. Engine and Transmission problem must be asked in the relevant topic for the problem. The Pluriel shares the same Engine, Gearbox, Brakes and Transmission as the other C3 models (see above for the correct section).
Forum rules
Questions about the Pluriel Roof system can be asked here
No engine, gearbox or running gear questions
Think: Pluriel roof and rear window jobs
Did you know the Pluriel shares the engines, gearboxes, electrical, audio system, suspension, steering and running gear with the early C3?
My Name: julianmerak

Top Contributor
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: NA
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Thanks for your clear description.
questions-about-a-citroen-c3-pluriel-f1 ... t1457.html

My roof is stuck closed with no noise from any motor if I try and open it. The glass rear hatch is also not releasing. If I try and unlock the glass rear hatch from inside I get an audible warning buzz but it won’t open. I was wondering if I can open the roof back so I can replace cables by manually using a screwdriver as you describe? Is there a latch or something once the roof is fully closed that would need releasing first? Or will the roof just start opening gradually by using the screwdriver to drive the cables alone?
I’m in Australia and struggling to find a good Pluriel guru that might be able to get my roof working

Many Thanks

Julian

Top Contributor

Hi,

I have recently bought a Pluriel and it’s a pretty straight car but I knew that the rear glass hatch wasn’t working and took a gamble that I could fix this.
I have been very impressed with all the work you guys have been doing trying to sort out your roofs so I hope to join you in succeeding so fingers crossed! I have manually opened the rear hatch from within the car using the actuators but after resetting the ecu I now get an audible warning but no release of the hatch from within so I’m currently guessing that the system thinks the roof is slightly open. There is no noise from any Motor when I press the roof open control. I would like to know if it’s possible to manually open the roof after removing the motor from the rear hatch by turning the cables using a large screwdriver where the motor drive normally applies? I was then planning to replace the cables once I get access to the upper end of them. Otherwise I will be stuck with a car with a roof that is permanently closed and similar rear hatch. The rear hatch outer release doesn’t seem to do anything either. Other than that i’m actually hugely impressed with how well the car drives and it’s actually fun too which is a rarity these days

Many Thanks

Julian
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

julianmerak wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:03 pm There is no noise from any Motor when I press the roof open control.
No noise would suggest no power. The ones with power but don't drive make a rat-tat-tat-tat sound when energised.

Have you checked the basics? Like fused supplies to the motor?

Check fuse 22 which is used differently in the Pluriel than the fixed roof C3.

Fuse box layout C3 2002 glovebox (dashboard) diagram
julianmerak wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:03 pm I was then planning to replace the cables
Was this because of the non-opening roof or just a maintenance idea because they are prone to neglect?

If it's on a whim, I would suggest you focus on the reasons and solutions before spending time and money on parts that may continue to run. Broken wiring in the loom can cause roof failure, so it may be better to inspect that too.
Pluriel Roof wiring damaged - roof won't open
Pluriel Roof wiring damaged - roof won't open
You may also like to read this topic - Manually unlock boot lid on C3 Pluriel which may give some pointers...

If you need to find the fuse boxes on a Pluriel, this topic - C3 fuse box locations may help..

Top Contributor

Thanks,
I hadn’t found any blown fuses to date but I hadn’t worked out which one powers the roof either. I’m pretty sure my wires aren’t broken after removing the binding they look fine but I will get an auto electrician to check all the microswitch s. I’ll let you know how I go

Julian

Top Contributor

Fuses 22 all intact, rear motor works off the car so I have an auto electrician seeing my car next Tuesday. It won’t pass the local MOT unless I can get the rear hatch to open even if the roof never works I could at least drive it legally!!

Julian
My Name: Bujukce

Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.6
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: TU5 16-valve (110 PS)

Thanks,
I hadn’t found any blown fuses to date but I hadn’t worked out which one powers the roof either. I’m pretty sure my wires aren’t broken after removing the binding they look fine but I will get an auto electrician to check all the microswitch s. I’ll let you know how I go

Julian
Where are the wires for the roof ?
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

The ones that are broken and shown in the picture are in the rear hatch hinged section. You have to remove the plastics from inside the hatch. It is the constant opening and closing of the rear hatch that flexes the cables and then they break.
Pluriel roof not working damage
Pluriel roof not working damage
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: patherton

Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 50000
Trim Level: Other
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: BlueHDi (75 PS)

Pluriel roof problem resolved, I found and repaired the broken wires in tailgate hatch on both the lefthand and righthand wiring looms, once repaired the roof would only open for the approx 4 inches, until I read your reply, "pushing the roof close cotton with the roof closed", I heard a clic and then tried to reopen the roof and all is now working fine, one very happy bunny
many thanks :roll: :roll: