Manually closing a roof that won't budge!

If you need help with your C3 Pluriel, that seems specific to the Pluriel (like the roof), ask here. Engine and Transmission problem must be asked in the relevant topic for the problem. The Pluriel shares the same Engine, Gearbox, Brakes and Transmission as the other C3 models (see above for the correct section).
Forum rules
Questions about the Pluriel Roof system can be asked here
No engine, gearbox or running gear questions
Think: Pluriel roof and rear window jobs
Did you know the Pluriel shares the engines, gearboxes, electrical, audio system, suspension, steering and running gear with the early C3?
My Name: jamiethomas9

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2009 (09)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 71000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Yesterday I took a 2009 Pluriel in part-exchange against one of my works vans which we no longer need. I thought it would be perfect for my daughter to learn to drive in, who turned 17 a couple of weeks ago.

It was raining.... so didn't test the roof.... :o .... but I did notice the boot wouldn't open. I assumed it was probably a fuse. I then discovered online that the boot and roof would be related and saw a post which suggested I open and shut the roof, to make sure it's properly closed and the boot might work....

I opened the roof to 'first position' about 20cms open and then nothing. Wouldn't open further, wouldn't close. Just nothing. After searching on here I discovered a post about resetting the ECU tips-for-any-citroen-c3-f8/how-to-reset ... 3-t69.html but that did nothing.

I don't know where to even start trying to repair it, so will either let my daughter learn in it (it's in good condition) and not touch the roof.... or sell it as seen with the roof not working. But the MAJOR problem is it's sat on the drive with a bin bag over it, with a forecast of rain this afternoon!! I just need to know if there's a way to manually shut the roof.

Also - I understand the car was standing for a long time before I bought it and a new battery had been put on the day before. Don't know if this has any bearing.

Any help much appreciated !!!
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi

The roof is very mechanical and the mechanisms are often broken.

Plastic parts break, including the roof motor mounts, the hinges and interslides of the actual roof.

I would start with a full mechanical inspection to see if any of the parts are broken that is stopping the roof from closing.

There is no magic or secret to closing the roof of the Pluriel :(
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)