Fitted a new roof motor but it is still temperamental!

If you need help with your C3 Pluriel, that seems specific to the Pluriel (like the roof), ask here. Engine and Transmission problem must be asked in the relevant topic for the problem. The Pluriel shares the same Engine, Gearbox, Brakes and Transmission as the other C3 models (see above for the correct section).
Forum rules
Questions about the Pluriel Roof system can be asked here
No engine, gearbox or running gear questions
Think: Pluriel roof and rear window jobs
Did you know the Pluriel shares the engines, gearboxes, electrical, audio system, suspension, steering and running gear with the early C3?
My Name: EmmaC3

Contributor
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2009 (09)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 66000
Trim Level: NA
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

I've just fitted a new roof motor on my car. It works but the roof is still temperamental! It opens but only if I close it slightly then open more. It won't close tight nor will it go back over the window! The boot also doesn't open, or should I say the switch doesn't work? The inside switch will make a noise but no noise from outside boot switch.
Can anyone help advice the the next step to try please.
I'm not giving up without a fight lol.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

EmmaC3 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:35 pm I've just fitted a new roof motor on my car. It works but the roof is still temperamental! It opens but only if I close it slightly then open more. It won't close tight nor will it go back over the window! The boot also doesn't open, or should I say the switch doesn't work? The inside switch will make a noise but no noise from outside boot switch.
Can anyone help advice the the next step to try please.
I'm not giving up without a fight lol.
Hi

The pluriel roofs after suffer from broken plastic hinges and other plastic parts that stop it from closing properly. This may also be linked to your boot problem. Fully inspect all the components of the roof to see if any bits are broken, like this broken hinge:

Citroen C3 Pluriel broken hinge
Citroen C3 Pluriel broken hinge
Broken Pluriel roof hinge
Broken Pluriel roof hinge
(parts A, B & C in the diagram)

But not only the hinge. Have a look at the parts list below, most of the mechanicals are plastic construction and these are prone to failure.

Citroen C3 Pluriel roof parts list
Citroen C3 Pluriel roof parts list
Citroen_Pluriel_Roof_parts_list.jpg (61.96 KiB) Viewed 192 times

The roof motor was changed, why was it changed?
Did you get the 'machine gun sound' when the motor ran?
did you fix the reason for the motor failure?
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: EmmaC3

Contributor
Year: 2009 (09)
Mileage: 66000
Trim Level: NA

Thanks, will look at the hinges and all parts.
I fitted another motor because the motor had broken on the inside! The winding bit had sheared off!!
Would the roof not closing correctly be connected to the rear window not opening and the rear dismiss not working? It seems when you look at the cables they are crossed over just before the motor area. Would this be normal or part of my problem?
I've had the car a year now and when we brought it it had receipts for a new roof! Roof didn't work when I brought it, which wasn't a problem but the boot worked!!
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

EmmaC3 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:02 pm Thanks, will look at the hinges and all parts.
I fitted another motor because the motor had broken on the inside! The winding bit had sheared off!!
Would the roof not closing correctly be connected to the rear window not opening and the rear dismiss not working? It seems when you look at the cables they are crossed over just before the motor area. Would this be normal or part of my problem?
I've had the car a year now and when we brought it it had receipts for a new roof! Roof didn't work when I brought it, which wasn't a problem but the boot worked!!
Thanks.

I think the boot won't open until the roof is fully in its correct position. So it would make sense the reason the boot won't open is because the roof is not right. That's just a guess, you may have a faulty boot too, but don't worry about the boot until the roof is fixed because they could well be linked.

I don't know about the cables, can you add a picture of them please and it may help others compare with their working pluriel roof.

You can attach pictures by following these instructions
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Dejan46

Year: 2006 (56)
Engine Size: 1.6 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: SensoDrive
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: TU5 16-valve (110 PS)

To open the trunk you need to lock the roof motor with screwdriver and the other person must press the button to close the roof.Then the signal will be sent to ECU that the roof is closed and then you'll be able to open the trunk.There is a screw on the roof motor which can be twisted, this will slow the roof motor and you will be able to stop the roof motor with screwdriver.Sorry for my bad English.Cheers!