Converting roof to manual operation 1

If you need help with your C3 Pluriel, that seems specific to the Pluriel (like the roof), ask here. Engine and Transmission problem must be asked in the relevant topic for the problem. The Pluriel shares the same Engine, Gearbox, Brakes and Transmission as the other C3 models (see above for the correct section).
Forum rules
Questions about the Pluriel Roof system can be asked here
No engine, gearbox or running gear questions
Think: Pluriel roof and rear window jobs
Did you know the Pluriel shares the engines, gearboxes, electrical, audio system, suspension, steering and running gear with the early C3?
My Name: Gwyneth Cat

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.6
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

I am going to do this as the roof on one of our Pluriels needs too many out of stock/impossible to source/stupidly expensive parts.
Bits of both the front guide cassettes for starters.
My first action will be to replace the entire rear window complete with working roof from one car to the otherwise better car.
I have removed one 'package' already and will do the swap when I have a full and fine day. I am taking photos and will write it up here.
One car is 2003 and the other is 2004 so I hope the roof electronics are compatible.
If the transplant is ok then the next task will be to adapt the non working roof to fit the second car but just for manual operation.
I will do a full write up with photos. but there a couple of points that I require help/suggestions about.
1) I have tried the roof on the car without the motor or cables in place, it slides backwards and forwards OK but will require some sort of lockable lever to really
tighten the front edge up to the seal. These would be one on each side and have to look neat, ......Ideas please!
2) Following the above I tried to push the roof back but found that the sliders were engaging in the slots at the bottom of the guide rails. These are presumably
to control the roof section by section when in power mode. There must be some clever electronics opening each section as the control knob is turned. I cant see any electrical
contacts or wiring to effect this but there must be something ( please tell me ). I did free the sliders as there seems to be a lever on them that does the trick. This locking could be an issue
when manual operation is in use but it could be useful if you could use the existing control to set how far you wanted the roof to open and the push it back manually to that point. I will experiment further
but ideas will be welcome now!
My Name: khakan67

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.6
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD

Now a year later how did the manual roof work? Was it possible without electronic issues/warnings?
Did you remove the wires completely?
Have you found a way to close it tight? I am thinking about a 2CV-snap variant.
https://www.burton2cvparts.com/exterior ... less-steel

Håkan, Sweden