2004 Pluriel Roof

If you need help with your C3 Pluriel, that seems specific to the Pluriel (like the roof), ask here. Engine and Transmission problem must be asked in the relevant topic for the problem. The Pluriel shares the same Engine, Gearbox, Brakes and Transmission as the other C3 models (see above for the correct section).
Forum rules
Questions about the Pluriel Roof system can be asked here
No engine, gearbox or running gear questions
Think: Pluriel roof and rear window jobs
Did you know the Pluriel shares the engines, gearboxes, electrical, audio system, suspension, steering and running gear with the early C3?
My Name: Geoff B

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: I dont know
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 5000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No

Hi Everyone,

You've probably heard this a million times but here goes. I bought a Pluriel new in 2004 and it cost about 17,000 euros. It has only done 8000 km (about 5000 miles). have kept it unused in my garage for last six years because the roof started leaking, then it started to to stick when opening and closing. Eventually the motor just made clicking noises and the roof had to be forced shut by hand. The last time I tried to open it, I opened the rear window before the roof was right back and broke the first two plastic roof sliders (the ones at the very front) That was six years ago. The car was out of warranty and despite the public feeling that Citroen should do something as the faults appears to be manufacturing defects, nothing was done. I can take the car to a guy in the UK and for about 600 pounds get it fixed. But the car is in the South of France. I have been an engineer (but not a car mechanic) and believe that as the roof probably hasn't been opened more than twenty times in it's life then I should be able to fix it. I would like to take it apart, clean and service it and replace the front sliders. I have found some information on the internet but have been told that these early Pluriels had roof problems all of their own. Any help or guidance in this matter would be appreciated. If I do undertake the work myself then I intend to photograph and document the process. Surely it cannot be rocket science. Other than the roof, the car is like new so it would be nice to get it back on the road.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Welcome to the forum Geoff B
Geoff B wrote:I have been an engineer
This is the sort of person you need for the pluriel roof, being a car mechanic won't help you so much.
Geoff B wrote:Any help or guidance in this matter would be appreciated. If I do undertake the work myself then I intend to photograph and document the process. Surely it cannot be rocket science.
There are some photos of replacing some broken plastic parts for the pluriel roof here. Anything you can add to the forum would be most welcome :)