Windscreen wiper stopped working

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: jonnyww88

Contributor

Hello again this is my 3rd problem in 2 weeks of owning this car so now I was driving in the rain and my wipers stopped working I have had a little read on the forums seems to be a common fault with the c3 I hope it's the motor as this seems the easiest fix I don't believe it's the stalk as the rear wiper and front and back washers still work but the relay doesn't click when the wipers are set on could it be the relay does any1 have any ideas I don't really want to go to Citroen and am not good with electrics could someone please tell me the elimination process to test the components of the wipers any help much appriceated
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

martinbingo has a post in the 'tips' section about his fix for faulty wipers https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t426.html and the things he did to find out what was wrong.

The fuse box diagrams are in the tips section, the fuse to check is in the engine bay fuse box

2002 to 2006 fuse box diagram https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t157.html

2007 to 2010 fuse box diagram https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t150.html
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

i have removed the motor and had it tested it was ok i had sum1 look at it and he had a mess round with a lecy tester and told me it was getting power to the fuse he said it could possibly be the relay as it was clicking more than it should has anyone had this problem before if so how did you fix it thanks for looking

Contributor

well i have fixed the problem it was the motor even tho i had it tested my friend had a spare one laying around which he knew worked so i pluged it into my car turned them on and thankfully they worked :D before i tried the new motor i did have a look to find the relay and it IS NOT under the engine bay fuse box there are only maxi fuses under it its actually part off the fuse box itself when i phoned citroen and explained this he didnt have a clue what i was talking about he was no help atall told me they would have to look at the car and i would have to bring it in to them so they could hook it up to there computer (and rob my money)so i told him no chance. thanks for all your help