Which Fuse is always live.

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
My Name:
TazDevil

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2012 (62)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 70000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

I have had to scrap my C4 and bought a 62 plate C3 exclusive. I am looking to install usb on the right hand side of the dash (same panel as speaker but closer to the wider part near the small window pillar) because currently I have 2 wires dangling over the steering wheel. I would like to attach it to an always live fuse so that I don't have to have the car switched on to charge my gadgets, but I am unsure as to which fuse in the C3 is an always live fuse. In the C4 i just used the rear lighter fuse as it is an always live fuse. I know having things plugged in can drain the batter but I have a bluetooth battery monitor fitted so that I can keep an eye on the status of the battery.

My car is my office and I have a couple of items I need to have connected to keep charged but does not obstruct steering wheel if I need to drive anywhere. (90% of the time I am static and do not need the engine running but do not want to have to keep plugging and unplugging my equipment every time I have to set off).
My Name:
Ozvtr

Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

F4 and F10 appear to be the main power fuses for the BSI (glove box fuse box). They get their power from the "maxi" fuses under the engine bay fuse box. The maxi fuses are connected directly to the battery.
The blue wire of the grey connector on the COM2000 (the indicator stalks) has permanent power (from F4).
The yellow wire (there are 2) on pin 7 of the black connector of the radio (wire label BECE2) has permanent power (from F4).
My Name:
TazDevil

Year: 2012 (62)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 70000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Ozvtr wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 am F4 and F10 appear to be the main power fuses for the BSI (glove box fuse box). They get their power from the "maxi" fuses under the engine bay fuse box. The maxi fuses are connected directly to the battery.
The blue wire of the grey connector on the COM2000 (the indicator stalks) has permanent power (from F4).
The yellow wire (there are 2) on pin 7 of the black connector of the radio (wire label BECE2) has permanent power (from F4).
Thanks for that. I can piggy back off the F4 fuse as 10A is more than enough for the 2 USB ports i'll be installing. Just need a nice day to drill and fit the socket.