What is this part called? (front grille)

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Aguero10

Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:41 pm
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2005 (55)
Engine Size: 1.6 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: NA
Gearbox: SensoDrive
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: TU5 16-valve (110 PS)


Not so long ago I was involved in a "minor" accident. Was driving 10-15 km/h in the morning while daydreaming, and out of the blue the SUV in front of me stops because of the heavy traffic. I reacted by breaking, but was too slow.

The SUV i collided with was untouched, but couldn't say the same about my C3. The bonnet got bent backwards, and the grill got shattered. These are easily accessible parts, so that's basically a quick fix, but there is one part that gives me a bit anxiety, and that's the plastic the grill is mounted on. I really hope it isn't part of the structure, or I'm in big trouble.

I attached a picture of the part from a manual where I circled out the part I was talking about. I also attached my C3
My car
My car
Circled out the unknown part
Circled out the unknown part
User avatar
My Name: C3driver52

Posts: 2012
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 78 times


  • Similar Topics
    Last post