Water leaking into drivers footwell

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: andymacc

Just recently I have had water leaking into the drivers footwell , prior to that 18 months without trouble (car is a 2003 model). Tested the windscreen by pouring water on it , and water appeared to collect behind the pollen filter housing just above the vent which runs down to the footwell. Thought the rubber trim at the base was at fault , so sealed with a little 'aquarium silicon' and all seemed well. Come back to the car tonight and there's a pool of water again . All drain holes appear to be clear . I'm sure it's rainwater and not coolant - all levels seem OK .I've googled plenty but cannot find anything relating to the drivers side.

Any help appreciated

andymacc
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi andymacc

I agree with your searching, that the C3 is not know for leaks, other than the pluriel, which is synonymous with leaking. So I am thinking you have a unique to your car problem, maybe thanks to a previous owner. You are on the right track with a bucket of water, but having two people helps (one to pour water and the other to observe and feel while twisting into an odd shape to reach the point of water entry).

The coolant colour should be bright red, to there is no mistaking rainwater for coolant (just soak some up in a tissue).

Wash wipe water can be any colour, from yellow to blue, but it should have a colour to it.

The condensate from the air con is clear, and just like water with nothing added, but you only get condensate while the air con is switched on and running.

Do let us know how you get on!
My Name: Hans Zarkov

Top Contributor
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: Exclusive

Does your car have a sun roof?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)