washer spray

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: karldonfrancesco

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 60000
Trim Level: Rhythm
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

The washer reservoir is full, I cam hear thr pump working but the water just dribbles out. Perhaps the pipes are split. How much does a new set cost. Are they easy to fit?
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Before replacing any pipes I'd have a look to see what is happening. The could be a loose connection, blocked nozzle or a faulty pump - just because its making a noise doesn't mean its pumping liquid.

First thing I'd do is look for leaks. Stand the car on dry ground and operate the washers. Does water appear on the ground?

The other thing is a visual inspection of the tubing under the bonnet; are any splits visible, have any connectors come off?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

I cam hear thr pump working but the water just dribbles out. Perhaps the pipes are split.
If a pipe is split, you will find the water in the engine bay somewhere, it will find its way on to the floor.

Run the pump for a while and see if the water level goes down, or it stays full.

If it goes down, you could just fix the small bit of pipe that is broken, rather than fit a new set.

If the water level doesn't go down, it stays full, then the pump may be broken, even though it runs.

How much does a new set cost. Are they easy to fit?
You will need to speak to citroen for a price for a set, but you can get repair parts, joiners and pipe from ebay - here.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

oops :oops: , sorry to duplicate what Missing Lincs said.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: alsie2

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2008 (08)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 37
Trim Level: Cachet

I found on my Cit that the lead washer pipe kinked on the body when closing bonnet, not obvious at first. Solved by fitting a heavier section short length of tube round area of kink.
My Name: karldonfrancesco

Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 60000
Trim Level: Rhythm

Thanks to everyone that replied to my message. I will be following all the advice. I belive I have a leak through a loose connector or a perished hose. I'll be up on the ramps Monday morning. This will cost me a fraction of going to a garage. Thanks again.