washer jets, adjusted a bit higher on screen?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: jamsie

Contributor

2010 C3. The washer nozzles have just 1 small rectangle unlike some washer nozzles which have 2 small holes which can be adjusted with a pin. Can the rectangle ones be adjusted as the water is a bit high on screen.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hello jamsie

The older shape Ciroen C3s washer jets look like this:

Citroen C3 washer nozzle
Citroen C3 washer nozzle

Citroen C3 washer jet
Citroen C3 washer jet

Which seem to match your description for the design on the 2010 C3 too.

I have had to clear one of the jets with a pin, but there didn't seem to be any adjustment, even with a good poke around with the pin.

Maybe yours needs a bit of a clean out. New washer jets are available here, are not very expensive and don't look too difficult to fit if cleaning doesn't fix it.
My Name: jamsie

Contributor

thank you this is the sort. Tried to adjust but no movement. would it be easy to replace with newer type.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

would it be easy to replace with newer type.
I think it would be very easy to change the washer jet.

You can get them from here:
'Brand new washer jets for Citroen C3 (click here), cheap too :D

or something a bit different from this selection of C3 washer jets that have pin adjustment and other styles too.

If you wanted to make your C3 that little bit different, try clicking here for LED washer jets, a little more work to fit than a standard washer jet, but nothing beyond a basic DIYer type of job :)

Good quality screen wash (either ready mixed or concentrate mixed with filtered water helps guard against blocked screen wash nozzles). You can pick some high quality screen wash (from here)
My Name: omarsmith

Contributor
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 134000
Trim Level: Touch

It's true that the stock washer jets haven't got any adjustment on them. Myself, I love LEDs and I bought a set of washer jets very similar to the Amazon link posted - fully fitted and wired up, they look marvellous, and as each of the jets has a double-nozzle there's plenty of flexibility to cover the whole windscreen (or the nearside pavement if you're feeling mischievous :mrgreen: )

However, be warned that, like many small tasks on the C3, it's not quite straightforward. You can't just pop the old ones out and these ones in their place - these LED nozzles use a small bolt which tightens around the thread you can see below:

Washer jets on a Citroen C3
Washer jets on a Citroen C3

On the 2002-2009 models, this type of fixture interferes with the support panel under the bonnet, which sits around 1cm below the bonnet panel and only covers about 3 inches beyond the holes where the jets go. I was determined to fit my jets, and so I used heavy-duty tin snips (and a lot of hand strength!) to make cutouts around the original holes, which allowed me to bolt in the new jets.
The other thing to mention is that you will need to go to a DIY store such as B&Q and get a short length of 5mm PVC tubing (cost me £1.04 for 1 Meter of the stuff, and I used about 3cm) to join the washer jets to the plastic nozzles on the washer fluid tube.

Hope this info is easy enough to understand - if you were to attempt the same modification I'm happy to take photos of my final product so you can see what I've done.
My Name: omarsmith

Contributor
Mileage: 134000
Trim Level: Touch

Oh, and one last thing, only white LEDs may legally be displayed front-facing on cars in the UK; similar regulation exists for Europe and many US states too :P
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

omarsmith wrote: I'm happy to take photos of my final product so you can see what I've done.
We always like to see photos of C3 mods :D

How to attach images to the forum