Warning lights on dashboard

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: bmwr1200rt

Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (57)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 37000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

HELP, HELP, HELP

My C3 (2007, 1.6 HDi with 37k, I have owned the car since new) has developed some serious electrical issues. Warning light have appeared on the dash - esp, airbags, seatbelt, engine management car runs fine), abs, parking brake symbols, speedo shows two horizontal dashes, no rev counter, fuel gauge? Also the centre display is dead and the radio. All the warning lamps stay on when key is removed and then shutdown after roughly 10 seconds.
I have had it into my local Citroen for a diagnostic check, and need to delve into it a lot further since there seems to be an issue with communications between modules and could be a lengthy process and really expensive and with no guarantee of success.
Any help would be appreciated.
Glenn
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi Glenn, welcome to the forum,

need to delve into it a lot further since there seems to be an issue with communications between modules and could be a lengthy process and really expensive and with no guarantee of success.
Yep, sounds about right.

Have a very good look at the BSI module - take it out and inspect for water damage, bad connectors etc. You can't just swap out BSI modules because they are coded to the ECU (car won't start), but they can be repaired, tested, inspected and reprogrammed (but not easily)

Warning light have appeared on the dash - esp, airbags, seatbelt, engine management car runs fine), abs, parking brake symbols, speedo shows two horizontal dashes, no rev counter, fuel gauge? Also the centre display is dead and the radio.
I have seen the BSI lock-up or at least the CAN/VAN bus lock up and you get very similar results. The car runs and drives fine with the exception of a speedo, RPM, and a few dash lights lit up. The centre display lost the outside temperature, but the functions generated by the radio were OK.

Everything that the BSI controlled, stopped working, resetting the BSI cured the fault. So I would look very closely at the BSI.

omarsmith has a post in the tips section with some instructions on removing the BSI.

The lexia tool can delve into the BSI and read its inner thoughts. Lexia Here.

Good Luck!