Warning lights and interior light

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Fi Stone

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 48500
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Sorry for a couple of dumb questions from a newby lol.

When I turn my headlights on full beam I have a blue lamp illuminated on the dash board. When I switch to dipped lights I have no lights illuminated though the lamps switch to dipped. My question is should I have a display showing the lights are dipped?

My interior courtesy light has only one switch. It turns on and it turns off. I want the light to come on when I open the door and stay on for a short period of time. Is there any way I can do this?
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi Fi (sorry couldn't resist)

The blue full beam tell-tale indicator is all you get on many cars.

Some have a green light that comes on when you have your sidelights on but no distinction between sidelights and headlights plus sidelights.

To get the interior light to work when you open the door, open the door, press the button to turn the light on. It will now go on and off as the doors are opened and closed. The light also stays on for a while automatically.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: Fi Stone

Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 48500

Thank you, sorry to ask such a dumb question. Only had the car a couple of weeks and still trying to find my way around.