Warning Beep - 'Faulty fog light'

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Billchad12345

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2008 (08)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 101200
Trim Level: Cachet
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi all, had my C3 hdi 1.4 diesel 2008 for quite a while now. But when i bought it used, it had a rare warning sound or annoying BEEP i like to call it. Stating 'Faulty fog light'.
There is no faulty fog light their all working perfect. But this annoying BEEP keeps going of every 5 mins or so now.
Is there anyway to shut this Annoying BEEP Off as its driving my crazy.
i..e the previous owner seems to have wired a Tow-bar into the rear lighting cables which sometimes makes a clicking noise.
But that doesn't bother me, it's the Annoying BEEP
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Billchad12345 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:09 pm Hi all, had my C3 hdi 1.4 diesel 2008 for quite a while now. But when i bought it used, it had a rare warning sound or annoying BEEP i like to call it. Stating 'Faulty fog light'.
There is no faulty fog light their all working perfect. But this annoying BEEP keeps going of every 5 mins or so now.
Is there anyway to shut this Annoying BEEP Off as its driving my crazy.
i..e the previous owner seems to have wired a Tow-bar into the rear lighting cables which sometimes makes a clicking noise.
But that doesn't bother me, it's the Annoying BEEP

Hello

There is a similar topic here where the wiring to the lights has been tampered with / butchered.

There is another with the FIX for 'faulty fog lights and beeping' here but that one is for untouched Citroen electrics.

You may have a mix of both, one or the other or neither.