Unable to get into car - dashboard light flashing !

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Ned

Hi there, i was hoping someone could help !?

I'm back in the house after my C3 let me down at work .... I got a lift home my C3 is still sitting there as I left it !!

When I arrived at the car tonight the remote locking keyfob had no effect when the button was pressed - this happened once before and was just the keyfob battery that had gone !

On this occasion I could see that the dashboard lights were all on and that the battery light was flashing !!

Is my battery dead and therefore unable to open the locks ?

It was windy today - is it perhaps an immobiliser ?

How the chuff do I get in ?? there are, as I'm sure you know, no locks on the doors !!

Thankyou.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello Ned,

I know the old shape C3 (2002-2006) only has a lock on the drivers door which is unlocked manually by the key (which I have had to do on occasion when the key gets out of sync with the car)

A quick look at the new C3 (2010) manual has citroen saying "put the key in the lock of the drivers door and turn to the left to unlock"

The procedure is the same for both cars. Unlock manually and the alarm activates, put the key in the ignition and switch the iginition on to silence the alarm. (this then also seems to resync the code in the key to the car).

Not much help if you don't even have the drivers door lock.
My Name: Ned

C3driver52 wrote:Hello Ned,

I know the old shape C3 (2002-2006) only has a lock on the drivers door which is unlocked manually by the key (which I have had to do on occasion when the key gets out of sync with the car)

A quick look at the new C3 (2010) manual has citroen saying "put the key in the lock of the drivers door and turn to the left to unlock"

The procedure is the same for both cars. Unlock manually and the alarm activates, put the key in the ignition and switch the iginition on to silence the alarm. (this then also seems to resync the code in the key to the car).

Not much help if you don't even have the drivers door lock.

Hi there - thanks for the reply but I don't think it will help !

My C3 has no manual lock at all on any door - I'm 15 miles away from the car just now but I'm pretty sure that's correct - unless it's some sort of hidden lock ?
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

thanks for the reply but I don't think it will help !
I agree, no help if you don't have a lock.

There are no hidden locks that are accessible from the outside of the car, there are a few with the car unlocked, but thats no use here.

My only suggestion is to call your local citroen dealer, maybe the parts department, as they are normally quite knowlegable. I am thinkning along the lines of looking at the parts list for the door lock (for your particular spec) to see if they could come up with an idea on how to unlock the door without a lock.

I think the key fob is out of sync with the computer, its not unknown and simply rectified if you can get into the car.

Would you divulge the year and model varient (including fuel type), left or right hand drive, grey import?, new shape or old shape or old with the facelift and anything else that may explain why the lock is missing. Thanks.