Trip Computer Problem

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: ssnow66431

Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 3500
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

I got my C3 1.4 2006 (facelift) yesterday morning and it's been good so far, however i've noticed the trip computer fuel range hasn't moved. I have only driven for about 30 miles but i think it should of moved by now. I've included a picture so you know what type of dash it is.

Any help?

Citroen C3 trip computer problem
Citroen C3 trip computer problem
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello ssnow66431

I'd give the system time before assuming its not working. Miles to run calculations are based on current average MPG and amount of fuel in the tank. Fuel senders aren't renowned for having a linear response and the MPG is calculated so between the two there is quite a bit of room for variation. On my car the miles before empty actually goes up sometimes, around the village and into town I average about 23mpg, a full tank reads as about 480 miles worth. A quick jaunt 200 miles down the motorway, MPG now about 35 and there's still enough fuel for another 480 miles - tis a miracle :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: