Strange warning noise

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: C3B3LLA

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 99000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes

Hi guys.

I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to what I heard the other day.

I was on the motorway in my c3 1.4 hdi (53 plate), which I have owned for five months, when a strange bonging noise I have never heard before sounded. The bonging was not the 3 beeps you get when you leave the handbrake on, nor was it the irritating seat belt noise or headlamp warning noise. It was specifically a bonging similar to that you hear on aircraft when the seat belt signs are turned off. There was no warning light.

Nothing in the car was affected, and it carried on smooth as a train with no loss of power or warning lights all the way home, as it always has done.

However, if anyone could let me know what I might have heard (does my car have some sort of inbuilt speed camera sensor or something?) I would be most grateful.

Thanks
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Could be the speed warning? If it is, its not an intelligent system that responds to cameras, you set the trigger speed and it goes off when you exceed the speed.

You can turn the system on and off and also change the trigger speed with a button on the dash near the radio, hopefully someone will supply a picture shortly ;-)
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: C3B3LLA

Contributor
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 99000
DPF: Yes

Hi, thanks for the speedy reply.

A speed warning thing did come to mind. The button I think you are talking about is the one where you can set a ceiling speed and it beeps when you go over that speed, however I did not have it turned on and it was a different sound.

The only other thing I can think of is that it is a reminder for service? It's still a good 5 or 6k away, but perhaps there is a periodic reminder I haven't noticed before.

Clutching at straws here really.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

hopefully someone will supply a picture shortly ;-)
:)

Over speed warning button

Child Lock

Over speed warning

citroen-c3-questions/c3-sx-2003-buttons-t613.html