Strange behaviour times 2

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Frogone

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: NA
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Purchased a C3 to just keep me off the streets. It was a non goer but had a new BSI and the old in the box on back seat. Had all sorts of trouble getting the BSI to behave the new one that is. Low beam comes on by its self and front wipers come on in unison ( no Horn nor washers) either. The Lexia clears the coms unit as a fault. I gave up, and I then tried the old BSI unit and everything that happened with the new BSI replicated itself with the old. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing. Oh and airbag lights are on but I removed the seats and may have Upset the wiring plugs.And one more thing car drives well starts and does most things normally. Tried to reset BSI many times to no avail. HELP.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Frogone wrote:The Lexia clears the coms unit as a fault.
If by coms unit you mean COM2000, then why not try another COM2000 unit as this is marked as a fault and its affects wipers, horn, lights - all the things you mention as a problem?

If both BSI behave the same, you either have 2 BSI with the same faults or the fault lies elsewhere? (COM2000?)

COM2002: https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t467.html

There are loads of different COM2000 units fitted to the C3s over the years, but HERE (ebay) is a good place to start ;)