Steering column wiring.

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: andy23ingham84

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 65000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

I have replaced the steering lock on my C3 but I have 2 wiring plugs and I don't know where they go. Can anyone help me?
Attachments
1511174984192943645381.jpg
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

andy23ingham84 wrote:I have replaced the steering lock on my C3 but I have 2 wiring plugs and I don't know where they go. Can anyone help me?
Hi andy23ingham84

They need to go back where you removed them from 8-)

If they were never connected then obviously there is no where to put them. Its quite common to have plugs that are not connected, especially if you don't have a full-spec model.

Its always worth labelling up or taking photos as you go when disassembling so its easier to get it all back together.

I suppose, if none of that helps, you could try every button on the controls to see what is not working? This may help you work out where they could go?

I don't see how this is a petrol engine problem?