Soft seat

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Raggy

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (57)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 56000
Trim Level: Cool Summer
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

I have a 57 plate C3 and have noticed that the drivers side seat seems a bit soft like I will go into the join between the back and seat areas! Anyone else feel this way? Anyway of firming up the seat. Presume it’s just wear over time but it’s only done 57k.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Raggy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:06 pm I have a 57 plate C3 and have noticed that the drivers side seat seems a bit soft like I will go into the join between the back and seat areas! Anyone else feel this way? Anyway of firming up the seat. Presume it’s just wear over time but it’s only done 57k.
Hi Raggy.

I have driven much older C3s and much higher mileage and I don't feel the soft seat problem you have.

A good test would be to sit in the passenger seat to compare the firmness as it is unlikely both of them to be worn-out.

But if they are, there is a topic here on changing the C3 font seat cushion if you think it may be damaged.

Experienced Member

Thanks, that’s very interesting, did have a search on here but didn’t find that bit of info. May just be me so used to the Smartcar seats I have in my van but it does feel a bit too much give at the back. Anyway will compare with the passengers seat tomorrow. If I did need to change it where would you get a replacement foam base from? Never come across something like that before.
My Name: Citroen-Driver

C3 Master
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Mileage: 30000
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: ET3 16-valve (90 PS)

Raggy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:32 pm where would you get a replacement foam base from?
Hi Raggy.

Citroen list the seat and back foam parts as

8906.45 FRONT SEAT CUSHION PADDING

8906.46 FRONT SEAT SQUAB PADDING

so you may get one from them, new, but I don't know the price :|

There is good old e Bay with new old stock sometimes available here - seat foams for the C3 models

Of you may end up getting a low mileage seat and swapping the covers over if necessary. While the foam is off, you can inspect the seat frame and the linear springs that support the foam.

Experienced Member

Thanks again, will give it a try. Did test passenger seat and it did seem a little firmer.