Slight buckle on wheel

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: LordHemsee

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2013 (13)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 38000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: EB0 PureTech 3-Cylinder (68 PS)

Hi,

My C3 failed it's MOT today with a "dangerously distorted wheel" I've inspected it and it's hardly noticeable, no air coming out, just wondering if anyone know if it's possible to get it repaired, if it was a big buckle I wouldn't bother but this seems very small, I've attached a couple of pics

Thank you
MOT failure - buckled wheel
MOT failure - buckled wheel
Slight buckle on wheel - MOT fail on a C3
Slight buckle on wheel - MOT fail on a C3
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello LordHemsee

It's quite a common issue with the state of the roads today. More and more tyre fitting centres are offering rim straightening. Cost usually varies according to the time it takes but I would suggest getting an idea of cost before starting as it can sometimes be cheaper to get a replacement, second hand wheel.

Repairs are more difficult if the rim is destorted at the point where the very edge of the tyre sits, I had to replace a wheel that was like this, I've had a couple of repairs done where its only the outside of the rim that's a 'bit bent' :)
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: LordHemsee

Year: 2013 (13)
Engine Size: 1.2
Mileage: 38000
Trim Level: Other
Engine name: EB0 PureTech 3-Cylinder (68 PS)

Hi,

Just thought I'd put an update on here

Got a second hand DS3 wheel and fitted it but as I took the dangerously distorted wheel off and inspected it I couldn't see anything on it at all, it might be very minor that without spinning it would be hard to spot, very annoyed if I've bought a new wheel for no reason

Cheers