Replace Folding wing mirror

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Ken999

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2009 (59)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi
New to this forum but seems a good place to start out on.

My wife’s car a C3 exclusive 2009 has recently had her passenger side wing mirror punched by a learner biker (i won’t go into the details as it’s not appropriate for this forum) and since then has not been working properly. It continues to try to fold out when it has gone past its fullest poring.

So three things (I don’t know a lot about electronics of the car)

1. Is it possible to have this replaced with a non folding version?

2. If not possible (1.) then where is the best place to get this replaced? Citroen I would expect would charge about £400 ? (Basildon, Essex)

3. Is it possible to remove the fuses to prevent it not folding? Don’t need the folding action or heated mirrors. This is the quickest and cheapest.

Thank you in advance
Ken
My Name: Citroen-Driver

C3 Master
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Mileage: 30000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: ET3 16-valve (90 PS)

Hello Ken999
Ken999 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:29 am 1. Is it possible to have this replaced with a non folding version?
Yes, the non folding and folding have the exact same mounting points.
Ken999 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:29 am where is the best place to get this replaced? Citroen I would expect would charge about £400 ? (Basildon, Essex)
They are not difficult to change yourself, very easy in fact. You need some torx drivers and some time.
You can pick up a replacement complete mirror from here (click). There are several listed and they are around £30 for the part.

All 2002 to 2009 electronic mirror units fit all 2002 to 2009 models, although the plugs differ for heated mirror glass and fold back, but this may not be an issue for you.
Ken999 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:29 am Is it possible to remove the fuses to prevent it not folding? Don’t need the folding action or heated mirrors. This is the quickest and cheapest.
Yes, you can try pulling F17 (40A) Heated rear screen in the BSI module (it does the rear heated window and quite probably the mirrors too)
The fuse box diagram you need is here (click).
My Name: Ken999

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2009 (59)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Automatic PRND

Thank you for your reply.
I’ve found a garage that will do it for £140 which is the folding version. Especially good as one garage quotes £200 plus fitting.