Removing Headlight

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: saad-jay

Contributor

Hi does anyone know how to remove headlight. I am going to fit a new pair??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C3-20 ... 2326e4bb27
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

From this topic,

https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-q ... -t588.html
Remove the front bumper (yes, really :P ), then you can get to the headlamp clips and fixings. Easier to refit the bumper with two people :)
I think once you get the bumper off, you will find the relevant clips and fixings to remove.

Feel free to add some pictures or a little 'how to remove the bumper/headlights' :)
My Name: tomasa

Top Contributor
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: VTR+
DPF: Yes

Its easy and don't need to remove bumper! only unscrew it and move a little but, so that lamp can be pulled off (of course first need to unscrew 2 bolts holding the lamp, 1 bolt holding the side panel with bumper, and like 5 plastic "bolts" near weel that hold the palstic protection)

There is also video on youtube.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

tomasa wrote:Its easy and don't need to remove bumper! only unscrew it and move a little but, so that lamp can be pulled off (of course first need to unscrew 2 bolts holding the lamp, 1 bolt holding the side panel with bumper, and like 5 plastic "bolts" near weel that hold the palstic protection)

There is also video on youtube.
This may also be helpful if you wanted to change a headlight unit on a Citroen C3
Headlight fixings on a Citroen C3
Headlight fixings on a Citroen C3
There are 3 bolts numbered 72 and one numbered 70 and some plastic clips holding the headlight to the car. The other fixings that need to be removed are the ones that give you enough room to access those fixings.