removal of doorcover

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: acstrath2

Contributor

Hi,
Need to remove the inside doorcover (left side front) to my C3 2008.
Anybody who knows :?:
acstrath
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

If its anything like the 2002 model,

then you need some various torx drivers......(here on eBay)

Pop the cover off the interior handle (the handle is in 2 parts that clip together), this will reveal 2 torx headed screws
There are 2 small torx screws on the outside edge of the plastic door cover. The rest of the door card is held by plastic clips that are hidden from view and just need a good pull to release them. Invariably some of them will break, but replacements are cheap (eBay). It is worth having some of them to hand before you start the job to make it go back together a bit more smoothly.

The door latch stays attached to the door.

Citroen C3 door card clip
Citroen C3 door card clip
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

Thank's Arfur!
Your pictures will be of great help. Need to get a set of torx drivers first.
acstrath

Contributor

acstrath2 wrote:Thank's Arfur!
Your pictures will be of great help. Need to get a set of torx drivers first.
acstrath

I have got the doorpanel off now. Instead of two screws under the handle, my 2008 C3 hd only one screw at the bottom of the plastic handle. A bit hard to see at first. Broke one of the doorclips as well. Could have been of better quality.
Now I still have to find what's wrong with the powerwindow and -mirrors. There is a live current in the cables. So that is not the problem. Maybe the switch itself? Have to soldier on.
acstrath