remote locking not working after lexia keys procedure

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: mrvirtual

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 130000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)

I have the recover key (key1) and a key that I usually use with remote control to open and close the car remotely (key2).
I threw the transponder from the key2 by accident because I changed the shell.
I bought a new transponder.
I went to a Citroen garage to ask for a key cloning. NOTE: the remote locking was fully working even at long distances.
They started the procedure with the Lexia software and the 2 keys now are working because the car starts (no immobilizer).
Unfortunately the remote locking and opening is not working anymore. They tried the procedure many times without success. I too tried with many variations, with the door close, waiting 10 seconds, then waiting 1 minute closed in the car until the relay makes the sound, exiting and locking not remotely. No way . I don't know what to do.

Is there anyone who knows why?
Thanks
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

mrvirtual wrote:I have the recover key (key1) and a key that I usually use with remote control to open and close the car remotely (key2).
I threw the transponder from the key2 by accident because I changed the shell.
I bought a new transponder.
I went to a Citroen garage to ask for a key cloning. NOTE: the remote locking was fully working even at long distances.
They started the procedure with the Lexia software and the 2 keys now are working because the car starts (no immobilizer).
Unfortunately the remote locking and opening is not working anymore. They tried the procedure many times without success. I too tried with many variations, with the door close, waiting 10 seconds, then waiting 1 minute closed in the car until the relay makes the sound, exiting and locking not remotely. No way . I don't know what to do.

Is there anyone who knows why?
Thanks
You don't clone a new immo chip. You need to pair a blank immo chip to the car, but this bit seems to work, so that is not a problem.

The remote central locking is not connected to the immo chip procedure.

If you have tried the procedure to 're-pair' the central locking keys (you need to do all the keys in one session)....

The procedure is HERE (click)

... and its still doesn't work, you have a faulty key remote board and it needs to be repaired (if its switches at fault) or a whole new unused board fitted :(
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

You can't replace just the transponder chip from a key, you will unfortunately need a new key minus the blade. Citroen sell the key in this form.

The remote locking board code is pre-written into the transponder chip, when the transponder is paired with the car it also registers the remote locking board.

The way C3 keys are programmed you have to re-install all the keys when you carry out the pairing, no old information is retained, so if you've lost the old transponder you will also have lost the use of the central locking board that was in the same key.

Be aware of the generic keys offered on ebay, they may be genuine Valeo keys but unless they have the central locking code pre-installed they will only work as a key, no locking function.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: mrvirtual

Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 130000
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)

Thanks all for your explanations. There's one thing that I still have to understand. Before the procedure with the software one of the keys was fully working, so the transponder was in possess of the right code, both for the immobilizer and both for the remote control. As I understand from your explanation the procedure of the software (I checked the name and it is DiagBox not Lexia) has erased the chip and charged only one code (that sounds me crazy and harmful). If I buy a new key the procedure will erase also the new transponder. So what's the right procedure in the Software?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

mrvirtual wrote:(I checked the name and it is DiagBox not Lexia)
No, for your Year: 2004 (54) C3 you should use Lexia.
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

mrvirtual wrote:Before the procedure with the software one of the keys was fully working, so the transponder was in possess of the right code, both for the immobilizer and both for the remote control. As I understand from your explanation the procedure of the software has erased the chip and charged only one code (that sounds me crazy and harmful). If I buy a new key the procedure will erase also the new transponder. So what's the right procedure in the Software?
When a new key is programmed all existing keys are removed from the system. Existing keys are re-learned as part of the programming.

Whoever is doing the programming must have all the keys for them all to be registered.

I too find this worrying, if the programming fails you end up with a car and no working keys!

I also find it worrying that many C3s only ever had one fully functioning key, they were sold without a spare. Ours was like this, hence my research into key programming and adding a second fully functioning (starting and remote locking) key.

Incidentally, I did try pre-programming a transponder chip with the remote locking code and failed. You can 'read' an existing transponder but the method of encryption is far beyond manual deciphering. Without detailed knowledge, which will be closely guarded by the manufacturer, it's impossible to do. Even dealers don't have access to information at this level, they just order the key from Citroen.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: