Rear shock absorbers gone after 14,000 miles !!!!

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: swerve

Contributor
Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2011 (11)
Engine Size: I dont know
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 15000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Only had my C3 1.4VTR+ 4 weeks and after hearing a knocking sound from the rear i decided to take it back to the garage. They think it is the rear shock absorbers but im amazed at this on a car with such low mileage. Are they a problem area on my model ??? Also, im now in a battle with the dealership (Perrys Vauxhall) as they are saying I need to take it back to Citroen as it still should be under warranty. Are they correct in making me sort with a citroen dealer?? It is a october 2011 plate so just over 2 years old. How long is my warranty with citroen?? Any help would be appreciated.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi swerve,

I don't see a recall for rear suspension, only the front for your year. I am not aware of it being a known problem.

Your contract is with the dealer you bought the car from, so they are the one that should be dealing with it. There is nothing stopping the dealer taking the car and passing it on to Citroen. I guess the are trying to cut out the middle man.

If the dealer is being a pain, you could contact Citroen yourself, it may just be easier in the end. What have you got to loose?
My Name: swerve

Contributor
Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2011 (11)
Engine Size: I dont know
Mileage: 15000

Ok, many thanks for your advise. What was the problem with the front suspension with the recall?? is there anything i could check or do to see if mine is ok ??
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

swerve wrote:Ok, many thanks for your advise. What was the problem with the front suspension with the recall?? is there anything i could check or do to see if mine is ok ??
This is the link https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls ... ON&tx=VOSA

see if yours falls in the range of cars affected, if it does, then call citroen to see if the car has already been checked/modified.