Rear headrests for 2005 Desire?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: mandwa

Contributor

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I have just bought my wife a 2005 C3 Desire which has no rear headrests. It looks awful as the holes are there and we'd really like to add some. My question is how and where can i get them? I'm not bothered about an exact colour match or even the middle rest, just the outer two. My trim is black with the blue squares and it's a july 2005 model, just before the face-lifted model.

Any help and advice would be really great!

Thanks in advance.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hello mandwa,

My first thought was, get them from the breakers yard.

This would be cost effective and being from the interior there would be no mess or dirty oily parts to deal with.

Many of the breakers will deliver the parts.

There are also many C3s being broken and advertised on eBay

Here is a selection of Citroen C3 Rear Headrests available

Citroen C3 rear headrest
Citroen C3 rear headrest
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

Many thanks for your speedy reply and link.

The problem seems to be that my particular model didn't come with rear headrests as standard, most breakers i have spoke to this afternoon only seem to have various shades of grey. Citroen can supply them on back order but at a cost of £300 + VAT! It looks like i'm out of luck save for a miracle! The dealer did say that they did sell them with the headrests but to the minority rather than the majority. it's a real shame because they would make such a difference. The best I can hope for is to find a dark grey pair from cars made around 07-09.

Thanks again.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 140000

Hello mandwa,

Thank you for the update, I am sorry the links didn't get you to what you need.

My only other suggestion, other than continuing to check the links for updates each week (as new cars get broken), is to modify any old colour headrests.

I would imagine one rear seat would give up enough 'black with the blue squares' material to re-cover some dull grey headrests with the correct colour of covering.

I would carefully unpick the headrests and use the material as a pattern to cut out the material from rear seat (from the breakers)

If you are not deft with a pair of scissors, a needle and thread, I am sure you could fine someone who would stitch it together for you.

All you would need to find were some random colour headrests from a C3 and a rear seat in 'black with the blue squares' C3, a needle, thread, scissors, sharp knife and some patience.

Much cheaper than £300+VAT and much more satisfying to see a job well done.

(if it is a job well done, please upload a few photos)

Good Luck!

C3CAR

Contributor

Hi,

I managed to pick up a pair of Dk Grey headrests from a SX model i think, Velour but they'll have to do for now. I'm actually thinking if it's possible to dye them black rather than covering them. Any thoughts?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 140000

If you go down the dye route you will probably need a disperse dye as the polypropylene type material won't take a normal dye.

But, at least you still have the option to cover them if the dye looks bad.

Good Luck!

Contributor

Finally picked up a pair of black headrests from a C2, they fit perfectly and the fabric is almost identical, I just need the small centre headrest now!