Problem with Rear lights

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: saad-jay

Contributor

Hi all

I am having problems with my citreon c3. Well its not really a fault its the display in the centre console. Its keep saying now and again that my left side break light fault fog lights faulty and reverse light faulty. They are not faulty is their a way of turning this silly thing off? I have change all the bulbs 3 times.

Please help

Thanks in advance
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

saad-jay wrote: Its keep saying now and again that my left side break light fault fog lights faulty and reverse light faulty. They are not faulty is their a way of turning this silly thing off? I have change all the bulbs 3 times.
Hi saad-jay,

This sort of fault has come up before and from memory, its a poor connection on the rear cluster causing this.

I think the lamp sensing circuit is sensitive to corrosion or a poor connection on the lamps, but the lamps themselves work ok.

C3 rear cluster removal, C3 tail lights not working.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: saad-jay

Contributor

Hi

thanks for the reply

I remove the rear light unit and had a look today. Found out the connection is lose. When i pull it its fine but when i let go it come up with the error. How would i fix this? Could it be a problem with connector it self?

thanks
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

saad-jay wrote: I remove the rear light unit and had a look today. Found out the connection is lose. When i pull it its fine but when i let go it come up with the error. How would i fix this? Could it be a problem with connector it self?
I think some people have fixed it by bending some of the metal in the connector to make a better electrical contact.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: alsie2

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2008 (08)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 37
Trim Level: Cachet

Yes the rear light conections are poor to say the least. Fixed mine by pure luck in other words dont know how. Will see if a better repair can be made when warmer weather comes in.