Problem with bulbs H7 fails frequently

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: mrachni

Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2008 (08)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 75000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

I have strange problem,every few days one of headlight bulbs dies (H7),i must change it every few days,somebody with advice?
My Name: patt

Contributor

Hi, if it's only one bulb, then it's unlikely to be too high a voltage. Perhaps it's worth checking the battery volts when the engine is running anyway. Could the bulb be loose and rattling around in the holder? Or even a stock of really dodgy bulbs you are using?
Water does get into the headlamp assemblies (through the back cover) sometimes, but I can't see this causing this problem.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Could it be the way the lamp is fitted? Touching the lamp with out gloves can transfer contaminants to the glass which when heated causes the glass to leak the protective gas in the lamp.

At £20 a pair, I can see the urgency in getting it sorted :o

There is some information on Citroen C3 has water in the headlight in this topic - here
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Also check the connector on the back of the bulb, if a terminal is loose (the metal part inside), the connection will overheat and cause the bulb to fail. If the terminal has been loose you can give it a gentle nip to tighten it, also have a good look inside to make sure the metal surface is OK, it may be dull and oxidised from the heat in which case the connector will need to be replaced.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: