Premature clutch wear 1.4 2011 petrol.

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: sh20

:?: Just registered this morning so Hi to all. Anyone experiencing a high cluct bite point on the latest C3's ?. This is our second C3, the first, a 58 plate diesel gave us no concerns at all but I've noticed how easily it is to slip the clutch during gear changes on this petrol 2011 model and wonder if this car is a "drive by wire accelerator system" rather than a normal old fashioned cable which would close the throttle faster, reduce the revs and allow for normal gear changes before re engaging the throttle. The bite point on this 2011 car is getter higher after only 10000 miles after 18 months use, indicative of a slipping clutch. Neither my wife or I have ever had to replace a clutch on any car we have owned. Is it me?
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Welcome to the forum sh20
petrol 2011 model and wonder if this car is a "drive by wire accelerator system"
It looks like all the 1.4 petrol 2011 engines are 'fly by wire' for the accelerator (the accelerator pedal has a sensor which tells the computer the position of the pedal). But I don't think the accelerator pedal is causing you problems when it comes to the clutch.

Have a look at this topic about a High Clutch on a C3

The clutch is hydraulic and self adjusting.
My Name: Easy Driver

Contributor

I have a C3 1.4 HDi 2010 model with exactly the same problem. When mine was in for it's 9K service I raised the matter with the garage, they stated there was nothing they could do as it was self adjusting. 9k later and the clutch is slipping, the car went back into the garage and they could find nothing. Fuel consumption increased and the problem got worse. Now with the 19,250 on the clock the car is going back in to the garage. The car is still under warranty, I don't ride the clutch, I have been driving for over 30 years and have never burnt a clutch out. I have been told by the garage they will charge me for the removing the gearbox to check the clutch, should transpire there is a fault then the cost is waived. My concern is that the dealers seem to use the term "driver error", whatever that is. Anyway, for a clutch to go through normal use at 18k would indicate a substandard component. I drive on A roads, straight run to work and home. I have been told the engine in the 1.4 HDi is a BMW engine I believe fitted to the mini? I have also been told that the engine fitted to the mini after 2010 had similar problems with clutch failure at low mileage?