Power steering, speedo and power steering!

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Fgough

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: I dont know
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 150000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hello everyone!

I'm hoping someone friendly will be able to help me on this one. I know pretty much nothing about cars, but I have inherited a c3 from my dad and it's got numerous issues. The first and most frustrating is the issue with intermittent power steering issues that seem to come and go. I can't see any factor that causes it. When the power steering goes the speedometer also stops working temporarily and returns after a minute or so. On top of that, the passenger window doesn't work! My partner is a smoker and she gets quite grumpy!

What I'd like to know is if this problem is something relatively easily fixed or will it be costly? We don't have much money so if it's going to cost a fortune I may have to pass the car on to someone willing to do the work.

I have to stress. I know practically nothing about cars, so if you could dumb down any responses I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance
Francesca
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi Francesca
Fgough wrote:The first and most frustrating is the issue with intermittent power steering issues that seem to come and go. I can't see any factor that causes it. When the power steering goes the speedometer also stops working temporarily and returns after a minute or so
Does the car have ABS, and if it does, is there an ABS error light on the dashboard?
Fgough wrote: On top of that, the passenger window doesn't work!
Well, try swapping the switches over from the centre console to see if the fault moves over, there are no fuses, so its going to be the BSI, the door motor or the switch. BSI is expensive, the door motor is behind the door panel citroen-c3-tips/rear-door-interior-pane ... -t160.html.