Power Steering ECU

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: simon79

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 75000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Good afternoon

I'm trying to sort the power steering on my partners 05 1.4 C3. The fault has been traced to the EPS ECU as opposed to the motor/steering rack so I was going to obtain a salvage replacement. My question is whether it is simply a case of swapping the units over or if a replacement needs to be 'paired' with the car to make it work? Can anyone talk me through the process as it's borderline whether we keep the car so not worth spending money on a new ECU or paying too much to get it fitted.

Many thanks in advance
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Welcome to the forum simon79,

I am not aware of having to pair the EPS ECU to the BSI, as far as I know its just a case of swapping them over.

Pick one from the same model of C3 or match part numbers on the EPS ECU.

an interesting EPS topic: https://citroenc3owners.com/diesel-citro ... -t840.html

and this has some info too https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-q ... -t557.html