Pluriel Front Windows wont work - Not Fuse

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Stephen9314

Contributor
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 150000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

both front window's won't work. When I press the button nothing happens. No motor sound, no slight window movement. I've checked with a Electrical Light Screwdriver to see if I have power at the button and the multiplug's connecting to the window motor, which I do.

I really doubt that both front motors have gone at the same time.

The Car does have a new ecu if that can make any difference.

Any help?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Stephen9314 wrote: The Car does have a new ecu if that can make any difference.
Engine ECU (engine bay) or BSI (glove box)?

The BSI controls the electric windows, so this may not be configured if it as the BSI that was changed.

Contributor

It ain't a brand new ecu, my old one suffered from water damage so it was sent away for repairs. I'm not sure what what they did but I know it's the same outer shell. When I first got it back the passanger window worked fine (not driver) but now neither work. Everything else works fine

It was the engine ECU that was repaired, not the glovebox one

Guru

Stephen9314 wrote:It was the engine ECU that was repaired, not the glovebox one
The engine ECU has no connection to the electric windows, so I guess that you problem is not with the new Engine ECU.

It would be worth checking the plugs on the BSI are connected correctly - maybe just disconnect them and reconnect them. I am not sure which plug is the one for electric windows on the pluriel, if you added a picture of your BSI dropped down it may help to identify the one fitted.

Stephen9314 wrote:my old one suffered from water damage so it was sent away for repairs
This is interesting, but unconnected to you window fault, how did the engine ECU get water damage? They are very well protected under the battery cover.... but obviously not well enough :D

Contributor

C3CAR wrote:This is interesting, but unconnected to you window fault, how did the engine ECU get water damage? They are very well protected under the battery cover.... but obviously not well enough
The auto electrical guy who came out said it's common on C3's for them to leak from the thermostat down the cable and into the ecu multiplug, not sure if that's true but it looked damaged.
C3CAR wrote:It would be worth checking the plugs on the BSI are connected correctly - maybe just disconnect them and reconnect them. I am not sure which plug is the one for electric windows on the pluriel, if you added a picture of your BSI dropped down it may help to identify the one fitted.
This is the BSI I have.

The link doesn't work above, it's:
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t153.html

Guru

Stephen9314 wrote: The auto electrical guy who came out said it's common on C3's for them to leak from the thermostat down the cable and into the ecu multiplug, not sure if that's true but it looked damaged.
Yes, I have seen it come up before somewhere and appears on a peugeot site here where the coolant leaks into the engine ECU.

ECU coolant damage connector
ECU coolant damage connector
Image thanks to https://www.peugeotlogic.com

Stephen9314 wrote:This is the BSI I have.

The link doesn't work above, it's:
https://tips-for-any-citroen-c3-f8/2007-to-2010-fa ... -t153.html

I had a look but can't find the wiring plugs for that one. Sorry. It ill be a case of checking each multiplug. Disconnect and reconnect once you have sussed out how to disengage the plug from the socket.