Picasso rear passanger door water ingress

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: BadRobot

Model: C3 Picasso
Year: 2015 (65)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 30000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: EB2DT-EB2ADT PureTech 3-Cylinder (110 PS)

Had my C3 for over three years now and just in the last week or so, one of the rear doors gets a lot of water inside. I'm thinking there must be a weep hole somewhere. Has anyone had this problem and solved it? I wouldn't mind getting the door panel off to really dry out the insides, but apart from three screws I cannot work out how...any ideas?
Thanks!
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
DPF: No
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

BadRobot wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:43 am I wouldn't mind getting the door panel off to really dry out the insides, but apart from three screws I cannot work out how...any ideas?
Thanks!
Hi

A couple of screws, a hidden clip at the bottom and the top edge marked 'A' in the diagram may be slotted into place. Lift the card vertically to release 'A' from the door. Window winder looks like it pulls off, as it does with the other C3 models.

C3 Picasso door card removal
C3 Picasso door card removal

C3 Picasso window winder removal
C3 Picasso window winder removal

Citroen C3 Picasso rear door card removal
Citroen C3 Picasso rear door card removal
My Name: c3PicassoOwner

Model: C3 Picasso
Year: 2009 (59)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 64000
Trim Level: VTR+
DPF: Yes

Thanks I found this diagram really useful to remove my door card as I needed to deal with a small dent in one of the rear passenger doors of my C3 Picasso.

The only difficulty I ran into was removing the manual winder. There is a clip that needs removing first before the handle can be pulled off.

The door card has white plastic clips along both sides and the bottom of the panel but not along the top. They slot into grooves on the back of the panel some in different directions so start in one place and work your way around.

After removing all torx screws, plastic trims a flat head screwdriver was required to assist with pulling the panel up from the lock side first and was able to see the white clips. After the panel was off nearly all the clips were still in the door so I had the idea to use some pliers to remove them and put them in the door card as this was much easier when putting it back on as they push straight in the other way looked awkward and frustrating.

The top of the door card should be positioned back in place first and then work your way around from one side to the other and the bottom aligning the white clips up with the holes in the door and pushing them back in place.

To gain access to the lower area of the door to push out the dent I used a torx screwdriver to the remove the speaker it was easy to unplug. The speaker housing is permanently fixed with rivets and although I did not need to remove this I could imagine if that was the case a rivet gun would be required.