Picasso 1.6 HDI ECU Change problems

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: maz105

Model: C3 Picasso
Year: 2009 (09)
Engine Size: 1.6 i
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 103000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi all apologise if I miss anything in this post, its the first time I've used this forum.

I have a 2009 C3 Picasso 1.6 HDI Exclusive model with 113k on clock.

I have had problems with car not starting and no communication via OBD, so have had a replacement ECU kit fitted (which was matched up with serial numbers for existing ECU etc) including both fuse boxes, ecu, digital display and locks which has cured the non start problems I was having.

Problem I'm having now is whilst the car starts and drives as it should, the heaters, electric windows and folding electric mirrors now don't work. They were all working with the old ECU kit. The

Does anybody know is there some sort of programming that needs doing or settings that need changing following the ECU kit change to make this things work?

Thanks in advance of any assistance.

Mark
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi.

the BSI (cabin fuse box) holds all the settings for the electrical features. eg, if the windows are electric, if it had air con or not etc.

if you have removed that BSI and replaced it with one from a different car, your car takes on the identity of the donor BSI.

you need to program the missing features with lexia into the new BSI.

The lexia topic is here tips-for-any-citroen-c3-f8/lexia-and-ob ... -t655.html
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Thanks for your prompt reply Arfur.

Just a further question, is it possible to put the original BSI back on the car in the glovebox, or do you have to use the full ECU kit from the donor car and do the reprogramming?

Mark
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

the reason you had all the parts you mentioned changed is because they are all linked.

particularly the BSI and ECU must come as a matched pair if they are used (not brand new, virgin units).

if you put your old BSI in the car with the new ECU, the mirrors will work, but the engine won't start.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Thanks once again Arfur, I thought as much but just wanted to check.

Mark