Passenger side lower storage box

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: davec

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 50000
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

The plastic spring loaded catch which houses the lock has broken but will still lock.I won't see the car until next weekend and I was wondering if someone could tell me which part I'd need in order to repair it.
Also will the original lock be able to be changed over?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

davec wrote:The plastic spring loaded catch which houses the lock has broken but will still lock.I won't see the car until next weekend and I was wondering if someone could tell me which part I'd need in order to repair it.
Also will the original lock be able to be changed over?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Can you see the parts in the picture?
lower passenger storage area door citroen c3
lower passenger storage area door citroen c3

It does look as if the locks can be swapped over, but I have not had to do this myself.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: davec

Contributor
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 50000
Trim Level: Touch

Thanks very much for the diagram.I reckon parts 5,6 and 8 should do it.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

davec wrote:Thanks very much for the diagram.I reckon parts 5,6 and 8 should do it.
5,6 and 8 come in several part numbers dependent on the colour of the plastics to match the car. Your local citroen dealer will have access to the same picture and should be able to tell you which exact part numbers you need to match your interior colour.

At least you now know that the parts you need have numbers which is encouraging that they are probably available.

5 and 6 are interchangeable parts - 'with lock' and 'without lock', so you would only need one.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)