No Headlights on warning

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: NedWobmit

I've been Googling this for hours and not coming up with anything. I picked up a lovely low-mileage C3 this afternoon for my wife and, after reading through the posts on this forum I can see we have a few of the "usual problems" which seem easy enough to sort out. What is bugging/surprising me though is that the car doesn't have a "you've left your lights on" beepy warning thing....so I nearly left the lights on...

Has any one had the same issue?
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello NedWobmit

Does the car acknowledge that the drivers door is open? That is usually the trigger for the headlight warning, if there is a problem with the door switch the warning wouldn't be triggered.

There are a few ways to check, I'd suggest you make sure the interior light is activated and goes on and off as the door is opened and shut. You may also have a display in the centre console/clock that says 'drivers door open'.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Just thinking further, do you get any warning if you leave the keys in the ignition and with the ignition off open the drivers door?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: Phleach

Model: C3 Picasso
Year: 2011 (61)
Engine Size: 1.6 i
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 45000
Trim Level: Vibe

Hi, I am in the same situation... Bought a c3 vtr+ and no headlight warning tone... Its odd... If I turn the lights on with no key in the ignition I get warning tones... If I do not turn them off once I have been driving I get no tones... Door sensor works fine... Did you manage to sort yours?
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

It would be worth checking if you have the automatic headlights option and use this instead.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)