"New Shape" - does anyone have the fuse box layout?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: WILLI

Contributor

Hi, I want to Hardwire a Speed Camera Detector to my 2011 C3 Exclusive 1.6VTi Automatic, does anyone have the fuse box layout for the "New Shape" C3 and if possible what fuse is the Accessory fuse which I could connect to. Yours Willi.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi WILLI

I would take power from the cigarette lighter / power outlet socket supply and provide an additional fuse to the detector in an in-line connector. This is far easier than trying to get into the BSI. Pop out the cigarette lighter / power socket to see the wires to 'tee off' using scotch locks (on eBay).
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

Thanks Arfur for that, Yes it seems that might be the way that I have to go.I'll have a look in the morning to see if I can hide the wires away.I take it that this will be isolated when the ignition is off which will be fine.Thanks again.

Guru

Hi WILLI

I have added the Glove Box fusebox (BSI) layout for the 2011 Citroen C3 to the tips section:

https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t339.html

I take it that this will be isolated when the ignition is off which will be fine
To be sure that the power socket behaves in the way you want, it is best to test.

To test the power socket, plug in a device (like a speed camera detector, phone charger, or any device that draws power from the cigarette lighter / power socket and shows a 'tell-tale') and switch the ignition on/off and observe the LED or the charging of the phone or powering up of the device.

Test all the sockets, just to be sure how they all operate (the cigarette lighter and power may behave differently from each other). Make a note of which one does what you want.

If none of them behave how you want, reply to this post and I will see if there are any other easily accessible, suitable power points you can use.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

Thanks Arfur, First of all I want to thank you for your advice and fuse box layout, I only had the car yesterday so things are a bit strange yet,I had an Hyundai i20 and the fuse box I used to Hardwire the speed detector was on the drivers side so it was easy to come off the accessory fuse to do it, and I only had to feed the cable about 18".On the C3 I see it is on the passenger side so I know it will be a little bit more difficult.I notice on your fuse layout there's no accessory or spare fuse I can use. Perhaps I can piggy back from another fuse but I don.t want to upset the Electrics in anyway.Any advice welcome. By the way I've had a quick look in the glove box for the fusebox but can't exactly see how to access it again any advice welcome. As I'm new to this site also perhaps I will have to post this somewhere else but I'll ask you anyway I have a 2011 C3 Exclusive AUTO and the Mirrors fold in each time I lock the car and open when I open it is there anyway I can Deactivate the mirrors and just operate them from inside the car as they were on the Hyundai i20. But I absolutely love this C3 it seems a great car to me! Thanks once again,I appreciate it. WILLI.

Guru

I don.t want to upset the Electrics in anyway.
The fuse box on the C3 isn't just a fuse box, its the BSI which is the computer that controls all the functions that the other dedicated ECUs don't control. See it as a central hub, security and power controller. You have to be quite brave or have deep pockets to go poking around the BSI. By all means, have a go and let us know how you get on.

Did you find out if your C3 powers down the cigarette lighter and power sockets when the ignition is off?

The instructions for accessing the fuse box is in the car manual, it seems to be a case of just pulling the cover off.

Contributor

Hi All, Sorry for taking a time to reply,Yes Arfur the socket for the Cigarette/Accessory socket would be suitable because it does switch off with the Ignition switch but it would mean trailing cables all through the car but I still haven't ruled it out. I prefer to Hardwire it but we'll see when we get a decent day free from rain I'll make a decision.WILLI