Mysterious noise driving me crazy

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: haroon88

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Dear fellow forum members,

Good afternoon,

I have a Citroen C3 2005 1.4L 54kW Petrol powered.

Last year while driving, I mistakenly bumped into a road that was getting a new asphalt layer. Hence there was a sharp gradient on which I drove at 50 km/h.

Since then, the car had developed a sort of rattling noise from the dashboard area in front of the passenger seat. Till now, I have verified that:

1) The rattling occurs when driving above 40km/h.
2) The noise is always from the internal dashboard area.
3) I removed the objects from glovebox compartment, nothing solved.
4) I somehow assume this to be related to the air coming into the car from outside that causes the rattling sound. The vibration in the car doesn't has to do anything. Saying this that driving on a smooth road on motorways, it is very significant.

I talked to mechanics and they are out of solutions since they primarily don't want to do the job this laborious on the old car. Now I am relying on forum members opinions. Anyone can give me some sort of hint what can I do? Is it possible to access the internal dashboard components that could be like tied up, put a duct tape on which would somehow stop this horrible rattling noise?

Thank you
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi

Whatever is is going to be, your problem with fixing it in any way, duct tape or cable ties is ... Access :(

You can remove the radio and the thing below the radio quite easily with the right radio tools

Then you can also remove the glove box with a bit more effort and time,

But you may still be no closer to finding the cause :(

Does the heater, a/c work on every setting?

In the centre of the car behind the dashboard is the heater and some a/c components.
My Name: haroon88

Contributor
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

C3CAR wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:07 pm Does the heater, a/c work on every setting?

In the centre of the car behind the dashboard is the heater and some a/c components.
Everything works perfectly. Nothing such as a problem.

It's the matter of access for sure or even a hunch what it could be. Can it be the airbag stuff that could be vibrating?