Multiple light system faults displaying on dashboard

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

According to my diagram, earth is green/yellow on pin 1 and reverse is pin 4 Yellow. But it wouldn't do any harm to test, diagrams can be wrong :(
My Name: trumpycam

Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Mileage: 50000
Trim Level: Exclusive

Hi again
Have done my fix and seems OK, but will run car a bit longer before giving definite answer, as problem was always intermittent, also will try and download photos if I can. Joe

The photos of my solution are here.
My Name: reg091

Model: I Just don't know :(
Year: 2008 (08)
Engine Size: I dont know
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 50000

Apologies for joining an old thread but I too am getting the multiple bulb failures warnings. I have checked the rear lamp connections and all are good, clean, no sign of burning etc. I checked all the bulbs and seatings too and all look as new.

Any ideas on how to fix this then? Do we know if the overloading of the wiring on the rear clusters that is mentioned as the cause for this applies to other bulbs/connectors as well?

Or any way of (temporarily) disabling the fault warning system? I know this is a sillyish thing to do but I am going on a long journey and will be driven insane by the constant warning beeps! The fuse diagram in the manual bears no resemblance to the under bonnet fuse box but it does mention a fuse for "warning".If I can find this and pull it will I disable the warning system (or do you think it refers to the hazard warning lights?

Any ideas appreciated!
My Name: Random22

Year: 2008 (58)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Mileage: 40000
DPF: Yes

Thanks so much for the tip! This worked a treat. The dealer had apparently (doubtful) replaced my cluster the other week and my beeping/warning light came back again. I was nearly pulling my hair out until I read this thread. The solution to the problem seems so obvious considering so many multiple error messages involved but since this was my first European car I was afraid it was the ECU. One does not, however, expect such poor planning/engineering from an international car manufacturer :roll:

Here are some pics. I kept the original earth connection via the connector, however I added another wire from the cluster common earth to the car body. I used a nice thick household electrical earth cable. Hopefully this may help more people with the same problem.
P1040197.JPG
P1040196.JPG
P1040193.JPG
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Random22 wrote:Here are some pics. I kept the original earth connection via the connector, however I added another wire from the cluster common earth to the car body. I used a nice thick household electrical earth cable.
Thank you for the pictures, a professional look to the job. I have added your solution to the tips section here:
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... t1083.html
Random22 wrote:Hopefully this may help more people with the same problem.
I am sure these clear photos will allow anyone to make a similar repair on what seem to be an all too common problem.
My Name: Scottisheverlasting

Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 80000

I've just had a problem with the headlights on my c3 .the crimp was burnt on the connection to the headlight the crimp was not tight enough i think this was the same problem you had with your tailights thanks
My Name: Zemun

Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 155000
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)

Can you help me? I have the same problem with my rear light. It`s not working. Messages on the board started to show about 3 months ago (RH brake light, RH reverse light, Indicator and Foglamp) not working, but it was working until today. Now whole right light is not working, and front right fog lamp.
I`m wondering, if the rear connector is melted, why the front fog lamp is not working? Can the problem be somewhere else?
Also, can I just clean the connector, where is melted, and put it again? Why I have to extend the new earth wire?
Can you send me the picture, or video, how to replace front fog light?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Zemun wrote:I`m wondering, if the rear connector is melted, why the front fog lamp is not working?
Good question, I am sure you won't know the answer until you start looking into the problem on the car.

Did you confirm the front fog is not working or did you just go by the message?
Zemun wrote: Can the problem be somewhere else?
Quite possibly, you will have to look at the car. The common problem has been identified and a solution given, but there is no way of knowing that yours is a common problem until you start looking at the parts of the car that are identified in the solution.
Zemun wrote:lso, can I just clean the connector, where is melted, and put it again? Why I have to extend the new earth wire?
You can do whatever you like to your car. The solution has been engineered, tested and refined by several forum members, but if you find a better solution that is less work, you are welcome and encouraged to share it with us :)
Zemun wrote:Can you send me the picture, or video, how to replace front fog light?
The whole unit or just the lamp?

If its just the lamp, then gain access to the fog from underneath the car after removing the plastic panel directly below the fog light and reach up to the unit and release the lamp fitting.

If its the complete unit, its a very similar procedure but you have to remove the whole fog light instead of just the lamp from the fog light unit.
Citroen C3 front fog light
Citroen C3 front fog light
My Name: mattdehat

Contributor
Model: C3 Picasso
Year: 2011 (11)
Engine Size: 1.6
Mileage: 40000

hi,i have this fault that came on yesterday,i see no burned out connections on both lamps.(or could it be stalk related) would it pay to try this solution anyway ? tia
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

mattdehat wrote:hi,i have this fault that came on yesterday,i see no burned out connections on both lamps.

would it pay to try this solution anyway ? tia
Yes, it would :D

The Multiple light system faults displaying on dashboard - FIX.