Manual window change!

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: BillWSS

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2006 (56)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 40
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

So, I want to change from Manual to electric windows! Been watching a few videos online but was wondering if this can be done with the original c3 electric windows from a model a year or two higher?

For instance i have a 2003, I was wondering if i found one that was on say a 04/05 model would i be able to make it fit inside the door? I know you can get kits online but these would look and work alot better. Also would i have to have a new fuse box fitted to put a new fuse in for the windows or could i run it off another one?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

BillWSS wrote:So, I want to change from Manual to electric windows! Been watching a few videos online but was wondering if this can be done with the original c3 electric windows from a model a year or two higher?

For instance i have a 2003, I was wondering if i found one that was on say a 04/05 model would i be able to make it fit inside the door? I know you can get kits online but these would look and work alot better. Also would i have to have a new fuse box fitted to put a new fuse in for the windows or could i run it off another one?
You must have a very base model there?

Electric windows (front) appeared on the C3 from 2002, so you won't need to find a newer model for that feature. But if you do look to newer, anything up to the facelift in 2006 will be the same as a 2002 car and I looks like the window regulator didn't change in 2006.

Have a look at these eBay listing ;) NSF C3 window regulator and OSF C3 window regulator and Window Switches - fitted to C2 and C3 models.

and check for fuse F12 in the BSI module.

Before you fit used window regulators, it may be worth changing the plastic clip (this thing).

I don't see any mention of a 2002 model with rear electric windows.
My Name: BillWSS

Experienced Member
Year: 2006 (56)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 40
Trim Level: Touch

Nice one I'm going to check for the fuse after work