Loose, front, plastic bumper

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: soewhaty

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 89000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)

My c3 is a left-hand drive from 2006 or at least its first registration was made in 2006, they say! :) Ermm... it has this somewhat soft plastic bumper in the front as in the images below. The whole bumper where the number plate is located, as well as wrapping the sides, is kinda problematic. You can see on the attached pics that I've managed to patch one side, but am not sure if I should proceed with the other side because as the images indicate, I am uncertain as to whether or not I should punch a whole through the plastic bit there.

On the successfully-patched side I was lucky cos there was just a piece of the plastic protruding out there, which I could freely punch through cos the screw would easily go through the plastic and would appear on the other side of it, so that I could see its end and even put a nut there. However, with the other side, I have nothing to screw to and therefore I am asking if it is safe to screw to that part of the plastic, which appears to be closed off. That area there is like a small hollow chamber on its own and it feels safe to screw through it, but upon 2nd thought I thought it might be a tank for something or might house something important. It's not like my screw would penetrate too deep into it. At most it would punch in like a centimeter or 2. Still, let me hear your take on it. Thanks! :)
Attachments
IMG_1300.JPG
IMG_1303.JPG
2006_Citroën_C3_Exclusive_hatchback_(2011-12-06)_01.jpg
IMG_1299 (2).JPG
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

I have never had to remove that side, but you can take the whole inner arch out quite easily if you need to look behind it, just a few clips from what I can remember.
inner arch removed from a Citroen C3 for cambelt change
inner arch removed from a Citroen C3 for cambelt change

The rubber strip make a big difference to how the car looks from the front.

Experienced Member

Thank you very much for the reply! Could you pls provide me with some pics of the actual location of the clips that need to be removed. I am a bit uneasy about removing this thing, but waiting to see some pics to be sure what to clip and unclip :)

And yes, you are right. The rubber strip makes a big difference on how the car looks from the front. That pic of the car is not my C3 ... I just snatched it from somewhere to illustrate what I was talking about. The other zoomed in pics are my c3 :)

Experienced Member

I solved the problem already so no need for pics! :) Thanks for the reply anyway :)