locking with manual key

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
My Name:
eric_macarthur108

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 40000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

My manual key only unlocks the drivers door and stars the car. When I turn on the ignition the other doors and boot unlock automatically but when leaving the car I can't find a way to lock the passenger doors and boot. The button on the dash board clicks when I press it( when the ignition is on) but doesn't appear to do anything. The doors are still unlocked. The handbook offers no instruction about using the doorlock button. What can I try other than pay well over £100 for a second remote key.
My Name:
C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi eric_macarthur108
eric_macarthur108 wrote:My manual key only unlocks the drivers door and stars the car. When I turn on the ignition the other doors and boot unlock automatically but when leaving the car I can't find a way to lock the passenger doors and boot. The button on the dash board clicks when I press it( when the ignition is on) but doesn't appear to do anything. The doors are still unlocked. The handbook offers no instruction about using the doorlock button. What can I try other than pay well over £100 for a second remote key.
If yours is a remote locking car, then using the key in the drivers door only unlocks the drivers door.

If you want to manually lock the other doors, find the manual locking switch and turn that with the tip of the key.

Citroen C3 manual door locking
Citroen C3 manual door locking
Manual door locking procedure on the Citroen C3
Manual door locking procedure on the Citroen C3

BUT, you can't lock the boot. :( :o

If you have a faulty remote locking key, could it be repaired, rather than replaced?

This topic has some help and pictures for repairing the fob
My Name:
eric_macarthur108

Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 40000

Thanks for the tip and the picture. I didn't know about that but it doesn't seem to work, I tried turning it but when I close the doors they are still unlocked.
My Name:
Missing Lincs

Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Try operating the manual lock then hold the outside door handle in the open (pulled out) position while you close the door.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: