interior heater

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: skruff50

how do i remove enough dash to access rear of heater controls
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello skruff50

Assuming you have an early citroen c3 (as you don't say which model or year you have) then you need to remove the stereo (with a pair of these tools, then remove the unit below the stereo (be it a drawer, a cubby or an autochanger). If it is an autochanger - use those tools linked above, again. The cubby and drawer will pull out.

You should be at this point now.

Citroen C3 heater panel removal screws
Citroen C3 heater panel removal screws

Remove the screws arrowed.

This will give you access to the top of the heater controls and its mounting lugs, release these, then you can lift up the heater controls to release the lower mounting lugs.

You can change the lamps at this point.

You don't say if you have air con, climate control or just plain old heating (if that ever was an option).

Do let us know how you get on!