Interior Heater Manual Control Knob will not turn

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: daveturnbull80

My wifes Citreon C3 VTR 2010 (60 Plate) heating only blows cold, i have checked the fuse F11 and is ok, the manual temperature control knob (switch) is now very stiff and springs back to the 1 o clock position when turning it clockwise for heat. As i turn the knob i can hear something move behind the panel but for some reason no heat comes through the vents. I believe the problem lies with this control knob, i took the plastic knob off but can only see the female plastic part and the circuit board.

I dont want to take it to citreon although i feel this should be covered under warrenty as the car is only 2 years old but i know it wont be.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the forum daveturnbull80

the back of the heater control looks something like this
Citroen C3 heater controls mechanical parts
Citroen C3 heater controls mechanical parts
(There are several different mechanical heater control units, but they are pretty similar to each other in operation)

There are several mechanical parts that can be seen in the picture and that's just the control panel. The control panel interfaces to the heater unit with more mechanical parts, all with the option to give the sort of problem you describe.

Pulling the knob off is only scratching the surface, you have plenty more to remove to get the control panel out to be able to inspect and test the mechanical parts.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)